Alkaline diet, Gluten free, Dairy free

• Discussion
  •  Michael Effinger #498
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 1.92

I am now having to focus on alkaline foods.

But, I need a daily menu that focuses on alkaline foods without gluten or dairy.

So, is there any help out there?

Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Alkaline Food photo
    Gluten-free, Dairy-free, Alkaline Food photo
  •  Keith Taylor #500
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 878.18

Hey Michael! I really appreciate your post in this neglected part of my online world. It’s a pleasant coincidence that you posted here at the same time I was working on my Foodary website. I’ve neglected it too long. So, I promised myself earlier today that I would start an improvement project. Anyway, that’s far too much about me. Let me start on your problem.

Up to now, I haven’t investigated gluten-free and dairy-free diets. I will change that now, and try to update my lists. So, hopefully, that will help you better.

To encourage me, I’d like to understand the problems that you have with gluten and dairy. I will research general principles on my own. But, I’d like to make sure any advice I give is the best it can be for you, personally.

Do you have to avoid all dairy and gluten? Or, are there some foods you can tolerate?

•  Keith Taylor #502

OK, Michael, I’ve started my research. And, I’ve found several recipes for meals that tick all 3 boxes. Alkaline meal plans that are gluten-free and dairy-free are possible.

I’m not sure if you are looking for random recipes. Or do you want daily meal plans?

As I expected, I found that the healthiest meal plans depend on specific health issues. For the best meals for you, please tell me more about your health issues that prompted your question.

•  Keith Taylor #505

I’m still waiting for responses from you, so I can tailor my research results to your situation. It’s a very big topic (actually 2 big topics). So, I don’t want to bore you with certain details of gluten-free or dairy-free, if they don’t apply to you.

More importantly, I’ve just got a reply from a very relevant researcher. I asked Catherine about her pending research: The Unintended Consequences of a Gluten-Free Diet. It’s due to be published soon. But, she kindly sent me a pre-publication draft.

This is very important research, that is relevant to everyone. But, it is particularly relevant to gluten-free dieters. This new research shows the real dangers of mercury and arsenic for gluten-free dieters. But, I feel it has implications for everyone who eats rice regularly.

Do you eat a lot of rice, Michael?

•  Stacy Muszynski #547
      Ŧallars: Ŧ 3.62

Keith, hi. While Michael hasn’t replied, I’m interested! I currently eat more quinoa than rice. I’m already GF (I simply feel better w/o gluten) and am investigating going dairy free. (And based on my research, some would recommend a vegan diet–though I’m not sure I’m ready for that .) My interest in alkaline “diet” is to keep my body on better balance. (I have skin cancer issues.)

You should log in to Foodary to create a new topic.

If you do not want to log in, you can create a new topic via the red Food Help button, or raise a new Foodary helpdesk ticket.