Do you have healthy food combination charts?

• Discussion
  •  Joan in Pudsey #27

I found your website when I was looking for a healthy food combinations chart. I can see that I should combine some acid forming foods with some alkaline foods. But I’m confused about how to do this and how it helps my health.

I’m a little overweight and I want to eat more healthily. What are the best food combinations for a healthy diet?

•  Keith Taylor #39
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 876.89

Thank you Joan, and welcome to my Healthy Eating Forum.

Though I’ve been aware of food interactions for some time, I’ve never really considered it – until now.

Thanks to your post, I’ve investigated this topic. I’ve found good news and bad news.
    The good news is that there is some science that measures how some food combinations are more beneficial for certain health conditions, compared to the individual foods eaten separately.
    The bad news is that I cannot find a comprehensive list to use as a basis for a chart. The nearest thing I can find for now is Healthy Food Combinations Chart.

This chart is not ideal, as the source material is not very strong. Despite being widely referred to in books and Internet articles, the science is not well documented, with no proper citation. At least one suggested combination is attributed to the wrong source.

I’ve decided to use the report as a starting point for my new project to create a comprehensive Healthy Food Combinations Chart. I will examine each of the claims, and check for later research. Then I can grade the suggestions for food combinations according to the quality of supporting evidence.

If there are any particular combinations that interest you, or any specific diseases you would like me to look at, please let me know by replying to this topic, or by starting a new topic.

You should log in to Foodary to create a new topic.

If you do not want to log in, you can create a new topic via the red Food Help button, or raise a new Foodary helpdesk ticket.