Is there an alcoholic drink that wont give me acid reflux?

• Discussion
  •  johnjoe from Foodary #24

I just found your site and it looks really good.

I am trying to find a alcoholic drink that wont give me acid reflux as i am going to Rhodes in Greece to my daughters wedding and don’t want to be a killjoy on the bachelors night.

•  Anthony Coleman #320

Your personal tolerance for alcohol will be difference from others. You have to Keep track of your own response to various Alcoholic drinks. This is the only way to discover which Alcoholic drinks you can best tolerate and which drinks triggers acid reflux

•  Keith Taylor #355
      Ŧallars: Ŧ 876.89

Wise words, Anthony.

I’d like to extend the personal profile on this forum, as I have on other health websites. However, I’m still thinking about what fields to add for data. My other project was relatively easy, as it dealt with only one disease. On Foodary, I want to widen the scope, and look at healthy eating related to any disease.

In this case, we’re talking about acid reflux, and alcohol. Now I know nothing about acid reflux, though I am good at research. I can probably find the basic facts, but would need other people to tell me what the main issues are.

But, as you say, alcohol is a personal issue. Any sensible discussion must start with the amount of alcohol being consumed. JohnJoe never gave me that information, so I could never really help much. Perhaps now, I can.

Whatever the case, it is essential, as you say, to keep track of intake and responses. That is what the personal profile is for, when you log in to this forum.

Irrespective of any admin changes I might make, the most important thing is to take a personal approach to any health/food issue. It starts with facts about specific health conditions, symptoms and treatment. Only then can we investigate and consider what dietary effects might be.

In this case, I would need to know if a doctor had diagnosed acid reflux. Assuming yes, I would need to know more about the specific person’s symptoms, and any current treatment. Additional information about treatments and outcomes tried in the past is always useful.

Only then can we consider how alcohol affects acid reflux symptoms.

As you say, Anthony, it has to be personal, because what suits one person might not suit another.

You should log in to Foodary to create a new topic.

If you do not want to log in, you can create a new topic via the red Food Help button, or raise a new Foodary helpdesk ticket.