These are the food research projects that I’m currently working on.
If you want me to prioritize any studies, let me know in the feedback form below. Also let me know if you want to collaborate on any research.
Food Research Ideas
These are sources of information that look interesting and useful. So when I get time, I will publish a review here.
- I have an idea that Pro:K might be more useful than PRAL as I develop ALKAscore as a simplified alkaline diet scoring system. So first, I’ll review these Pro:K food studies:
- Zwart, Sara R., Barbara L. Rice, Holly Dlouhy, Linda C. Shackelford, Martina Heer, Matthew D. Koslovsky, and Scott M. Smith. “Dietary acid load and bone turnover during long-duration spaceflight and bed rest.” The American journal of clinical nutrition 107, no. 5 (2018): 834-844.
- Abbasalizad Farhangi, Mahdieh, Mahdi Vajdi, and Mahdi Najafi. “Dietary acid load significantly predicts 10-years survival in patients underwent coronary artery bypass grafting (CABG) surgery.” PloS one 14, no. 10 (2019): e0223830.
- Mofrad, Manije Darooghegi, Elnaz Daneshzad, and Leila Azadbakht. “Dietary acid load, kidney function and risk of Chronic Kidney Disease: A Systematic Review and Meta-analysis of Observational Studies.” International Journal for Vitamin and Nutrition Research (2019).
- Aslani, Zahra, Maryam Bahreynian, Nazli Namazi, Nitin Shivappa, James R. Hébert, Hamid Asayesh, Mohammad Esmaeil Motlagh et al. “Association of dietary acid load with anthropometric indices in children and adolescents.” Eating and Weight Disorders-Studies on Anorexia, Bulimia and Obesity (2020): 1-13.
- Mousavi, Seyed Mohammad, Alireza Milajerdi, Memhdi Sshayanfar, and Ahmad Esmaillzadeh. “Relationship between Dietary Acid Load and Glioma: A Case-Control Study.” Qom University of Medical Sciences Journal 13, no. 1 (2019): 11-20.
- Mozaffari, Hadis, Nazli Namazi, Bagher Larijani, Nick Bellissimo, and Leila Azadbakht. “Association of dietary acid load with cardiovascular risk factors and the prevalence of metabolic syndrome in Iranian women: A cross-sectional study.” Nutrition 67 (2019): 110570.
- Milajerdi, Alireza, Ammar Hassanzadeh Keshteli, Fahimeh Haghighatdoost, Leila Azadbakht, Ahmad Esmaillzadeh, and Peyman Adibi. “Dietary acid load in relation to depression and anxiety in adults.” Journal of Human Nutrition and Dietetics 33, no. 1 (2020): 48-55.
- Emamat, Hadi, Hadith Tangestani, Zahra Bahadoran, Sajjad Khalili-Moghadam, and Parvin Mirmiran. “The associations of dietary acid load with insulin resistance and type 2 diabetes: a systematic review of existing human studies.” Recent patents on food, nutrition & agriculture 10, no. 1 (2019): 27-33.
Food Research Articles
These are reference sources for existing articles. As soon as I finish them, I update the relevant pages.
- No food articles in research at present
Your Food Research Ideas
Do you want me research a food topic not in my list? I can research alone or in collaboration with you. Please tell me about your food research ideas on the feedback form below.
To get email notification when I publish new food research, please subscribe:
Leave Food Research In Progress to read Shrewdies Library Home Page.
This progress page is not covered by the document revision process.