Alkaline oils

• Discussion
  •  Jon DePew #526

I am looking for alkaline oils or alkaline nuts etc that can be oil extracted

In Alkaline Nuts List, you said:

As I’ve already mentioned, the list below is currently without alkaline nuts. They do exist, so let’s work together to identify them, and I will add them to the list.

So, have you found any alkaline oils I can use to improve my alkaline diet?

Alkaline Oil - Italian Salad Dressing
    Is Italian Salad Dressing the only Alkaline Oil?
  •  Keith Taylor #705
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 1,142.29

When reviewing this topic, I realized a few important practical facts about alkaline oils.

Firstly, the latest Alkaline Oils PRAL chart only shows Italian Salad Dressing as an alkaline oil. However, the earlier version of Acid-Alkaline Fats and Oils shows several other oils that are slightly alkaline. Unfortunately, that earlier chart is suffering from my formatting problem. But as you know from other topics, I’m working on that. Anyway, it is easy to find the alkaline oils by looking only for negative values.

Importantly, you will notice that the highest alkaline oils are produced by adding vegetables to oil. So that principle is most obvious in the Italian dressing that is popular enough to make the Alkaline Oils PRAL Chart. Because oils alone cannot provide the key nutrients that give a negative value for the PRAL calculation. So we need to add vegetables that are rich in potassium, magnesium, and calcium.

It’s easy to see that adding parsley, lemon juice, and other alkalizing vegetables it’s possible to create tasty alkaline oils. So commercial Italian Salad Dressings are a good example of that process. But this is just commercialization of a tradition that is embedded in the culture from which the modern Mediterranean Diet has evolved.

Therefore, for best results, you should consider making your own alkaline oils. Just take your favorite herbs and vegetables from the Alkaline Vegetables List. Then create tasty alkaline oils for your healthy eating pleasure. But be sure to share your recipes here.

I think this is a great example of how switching to Meditteranean Diet is a good first step towards adopting a PRAL-based Alkaline Diet. Because good Mediterranean diets are naturally alkalizing.

•  Open Sesame #628

Alkaline Oils and Cooking

Feedback regarding Alkaline Oils List:

It’s not really clear of the difference between say sesame oil eaten cold raw egg on salad leaves and cooked eg used say to stir fry rice and veg.

•  Keith Taylor #649
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 1,142.29

Generally speaking, the effects are negligible. But that might change with individual cases.

Unfortunately, I don’t have enough information to provide a proper answer. So perhaps you could write more about your diet.

At the very least, I would need to know how much sesame oil you consume. Then how much of that oil do you consume raw and how much cooked? But for a better answer, I need to see that information in the context of your whole diet. So perhaps you could list all the foods you consume.

The best way is to start a new topic with what you ate the day before. Then each day, post a reply to the topic with your previous day’s food intake. Alternatively, post a list of all the foods you buy.

You should log in to Foodary to create a new topic.

If you do not want to log in, you can create a new topic via the red Food Help button, or raise a new Foodary helpdesk ticket.