PRAL Food List Requests

Tagged: 

• Discussion
  •  Keith Taylor #643
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 1,142.29

I get a lot of requests for adding new foods to my PRAL food charts. So I’m happy to add new foods to make those lists more helpful. But, I really need more than a simple one-line request that just names the food in question. Because most of these requests are difficult to interpret properly.

So here are a few instances of food requests that I cannot process, with my reasons why. Then the original requester, or someone else, can add additional information. That way, I can add extra foods to the PRAL charts in a meaningful way.

PRAL Alkaline/Acid Chart Layout
    PRAL Alkaline/Acid Chart Layout
  •  Barbara Parks #644

Your Acid-Alkaline Finfish and Shellfish Products Food Chart does not include any: Wild Alaskan Salmon Fresh or Canned.

[posted via Helpdesk]

•  Keith Taylor #651

Thank you for your interest in my PRAL food charts.

I hope you understand that I create these charts from published nutrition information. Because that is the only way I can calculate PRAL values. So I need more information about the specific types of fish you are asking about.

Specifically, you can tell me where you buy it from, or some other “official source”. Then, I can usually find the information I need.

Finally, I really need to know how you are using this information. Because in most cases, it is perfectly acceptable to use an average PRAL value for salmon, or even for fish in general. But obviously, that depends on your personal situation. So please share more information about the exact food, and how you intend to use the PRAL information. Then I can make sure you get the answers you need.

•  Cathy #645

Mangoritas and Alkaline Alcoholic Drinks List

I need to find out if Bud Light Mangoritas are alkaline or acidic and the ingredients please. I have to avoid acids for health reasons. I can’t find any info online.

Do you know? Thank You

[posted via Helpdesk]

•  Keith Taylor #652

I need to know what you mean when you say “I have to avoid acids for health reasons”. Because I provide my PRAL values to help you and your doctor make better health decisions. So I need to know how the PRAL information will be used so I can make sure it is accurate.

•  Sallyrose #646

Organic Whole Wheat Pasta – from Trader Joe’s
    I did not see this pasta listed on Alkaline Pasta List and am wondering where it would fall on the PRAL scoring? Thanks so much!

[posted via Helpdesk]

•  Keith Taylor #653

I need to know the exact product you are referring to. Because Trader Joe’s supply different types of whole wheat pasta.

More importantly, can you tell me why you need the information?

•  Foodary Feedback #728

Acid-Alkaline Fast Food Chart
    Need ph of Taco Bell Sauce.

[Posted via Feedback Form. But note that form is designed for non-urgent suggestions about improving Foodary information. So if you need personal replies you should Start a new Healthy Eating Forum Topic.]

•  Keith Taylor #735

Do you really mean pH, or do you want the PRAL score? Because those 2 values are completely different.

pH measures the physical acidity/alkalinity of foods and drinks by incinerating the item. But PRAL estimates the acidifying/alkalizing effect of food when you digest it. So pH helps balance the contents of tinned and bottled foods. But PRAL helps you eat a healthier diet (if you follow the basic rules of EFSEP).

Anyway, I guess you will have to contact the manufacturer to get the pH value. Or test it yourself the same way you test your own pH. But if you want the PRAL value, please can you post a link to the exact product you mean. Then I can calculate the PRAL from its nutrients.

•  Foodary Feedback #740

Acid-Alkaline Sweets Food Chart
    Sugar free chocolate dry pudding mix with 2% milk ? Low fat frozen yogert chocolate.

[Posted via Feedback Form. But note that form is mainly for non-urgent suggestions about improving Foodary information. So if you need personal replies you should Start a new Healthy Eating Forum Topic.]

•  Keith Taylor #744

I think you are asking how to use the Acid-Alkaline Sweets Food Chart to get the PRAL score for 2 food items? If so:

Sugar-free chocolate dry pudding mix with 2% milk
      The descriptions in my PRAL food charts are taken straight from the USDA database. So sometimes you have to study them for a time to see the differences between similar foods.

First, the database uses “low calorie” instead of “sugar-free”. So there are 2 possible pudding mixes that match your description:

• Puddings, chocolate flavor, low calorie, instant, dry mix which has an acidic PRAL score of 33.20 for 100 grams.
      • Puddings, chocolate flavor, low calorie, regular, dry mix which has an alkaline PRAL score of -23.10 for 100 grams.

Low fat frozen yogurt chocolate.
      Yogurt is a dairy product. So if you look near the end of Acid-Alkaline Dairy and Egg Products Food Chart you will see Yogurt, chocolate, nonfat milk which has an alkaline PRAL score of -1.43 for 100 grams.

If you need further clarification, please reply to this. Better still, start a new topic and tell us more about how you use PRAL charts for a healthier alkaline diet.

You should log in to Foodary to create a new topic.

If you do not want to log in, you can create a new topic via the red Food Help button, or raise a new Foodary helpdesk ticket.