USDA Data vs API Data

• Discussion
  •  Reggie Gray #826

Good afternoon Mr. Taylor. I sent you two messages earlier regarding the validation of the data from the USDA and your website. Is the information from your website USDA alone or perhaps another database from another country?

The column on the left is your data, the column on the right is from the USDA. Highlighted and “N/A” shows that the data is different.

Great work!

Thanks

•  Keith Taylor #827
    Ŧallars: Ŧ 1,190.66

Hi Reggie,

I’m dismayed to learn that you’ve already sent 2 messages. Because I cannot recall seeing anything. So can you tell me where you sent those messages so I can try and fix the communication breakdown?

As to your question, I don’t know where the data comes from that you have presented. So please can you let me have links to the 2 sets of data you are comparing. I’m sorry for a non-answer. But for the moment, I’m not entirely sure what this is about. I suspect it might be something to do with database versions. As the structure of the USDA database has changed significantly since I stated publishing information based on it’s data. Anyway, I can confirm or correct this if you let me have those links.

Kind regards
    Keith

•  Reggie Gray #828

Thanks for the reply and no worries. The data that I’m using is extracted from the API of the USDA database. https://ndb.nal.usda.gov/ndb/search/list As a programmer were able to use the API for the entire data but the link is where the data is from. I think there were a few changes after the Federal Government Lockdown. However, I have cleaned up the data and started with a new data set. I’m writing a grant to gain scientific evidence of food combining because majority of the work is not backed by evidence in a study. I’ll keep you updated on my progress if you’re interested. I like your site by the way! Very good work.

You should log in to Foodary to reply to this topic.

If you need more information, get it from Foodary Log-in Help.